Turijobs utiliza cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar la navegación. Si continua navegando, consideramos que acepta su uso. Puede cambiar la configuración de su navegador u obtener más información en nuestra página informativa sobre las cookies.
Avanti Destinations Ltd
A US Tour Operator with 36 years of experience in selling travel packages to the Travel Agent community. Head office is based on Portland, USA. Due to expansion we are looking to recruit an Operations Specialist to be based in the Barcelona office to work with the European DMC´s.
Job Profile and Description
The Operations Specialist works closely with other members of the Operations Team to request and process all confirmations for land services. The Operations Specialist appropriately addresses any confirmation issues, including researching, offering alternates for unavailable services, and cancellation of services. The Operations Specialist is in daily communication with Reservations, Product, Ticketing, and Documents regarding any issues or updates to services, suppliers, or policies/procedures.
The Operations Specialist possesses a thorough understanding of Avanti products, procedures, and suppliers. It is essential for the Operations Specialist to be a team-player, work efficiently, be detail-oriented, and have excellent communication skills to succeed in this fast-paced work-environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Request and process hotel, tour, and transfer confirmations for Avanti clients in a timely manner.
• Work closely with our DMC suppliers in Europe via email, Vendor, and phone.
• Research alternates for unavailable services according to 2nd choice criteria, Land procedures, and Avanti quality standards.
• Call clients to discuss solutions to unavailable hotels and services.
• Process full and partial cancelations as received from the travel agent.
• Provide product and confirmation information to the Reservation Department.
• Track any on-going issues, such as allocation and technological issues, and report them appropriately.
• Maintain weekly and monthly manifests: Not Confirmed Reports, XML inventory, X14 Report and others as directed.
• Travel to the head office in Portland will be required for training and education purposes.
Titulación mínima: Otros cursos Experiencia: De 3 a 5 años Categoría profesional: Empleado Residencia: UE
Idioma imprescindible: Inglés - Profesional
Requirements, Skills & Experience
• Above-average proficiency in, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, and internet research.
• Fluency in English
• Superior knowledge of European destinations.
• Highly efficient work ethic with an accurate and strong attention to detail.
• Critical and creative thinking with excellent memory skills.
• Ability to effectively identify and solve problems as they occur.
• Ability to build and foster positive relationships.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including impressive telephone etiquette.
• Willingness to work overtime hours as needed.