Turijobs utiliza cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar la navegación. Si continua navegando, consideramos que acepta su uso. Puede cambiar la configuración de su navegador u obtener más información en nuestra página informativa sobre las cookies.
Travel Services Europe is the European office for the America based Tour Operator Europe Express, part of Travelopia. The parent office was established in 1990 and Travel Services Europe handles the land operations for both groups and individuals while they are travelling in Europe.
The Contractor Manager will be responsible for all services contracted within the countries allocated to them. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Contracting and negotiating rates for FIT hotels within Europe
• Negotiating group space and rates in hotels.
• Ensuring enough bed stock to support the business demand.
• Negotiating transfer prices and sightseeing services within their destinations
Major areas of responsibility include:
• Negotiating competitive prices for individuals and securing allocations within hotels in Europe.
• Negotiations and favorable conditions for group space in European hotels, respecting budgets given.
• Quality control of products and assistance in solving customer service issues.
• Monitoring of allocations to ensure that there is enough availability for packages.
• Attending and representing the company at European trade shows.
• Frequent travel to assigned contracting destinations for contracting and hotel inspections.
• Working on promotional rates as and when needed by the head office.
• Joint decision making with the head office in regards to hotels for packages
• Assisting reservation department with problematic situations in hotels and offering solutions.
• All other duties as assigned by Manager
Titulación mínima: Diplomado Experiencia: De 1 a 2 años Categoría profesional: Empleado Residencia: España
In order to perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Self-motivated, demonstrating the ability to work independently and as a team player.
• Flexibility, demonstrating the ability to adapt to new situations and moving goals
• Confidence in their own abilities and able to logically reach solutions
• Organized, demonstrating the ability to manage one’s workload in an efficient & productive manner.
• Dynamic & pro-active, focusing on solutions rather than problems, and demonstrating a “can do” attitude in the workplace
• Good communicator, presenting information and ideas professionally with clarity & confidence, while being open, honest & objective
• Strong commercial awareness, understanding contracts and the impact decisions have on the company as a whole
• Ability to prioritize workloads, while maintaining both short-, mid- and long term-objectives in sight
• Ability to work effectively and independently, while excelling in a team environment
• Ability to develop strong business relationships with suppliers.
• Contracting experience with proven track record in a European city is preferable.
• Ability to communicate effectively and productively with all levels of employees and also external suppliers.
• Proficient knowledge of MS Office products, specifically Excel
• High level of both written and spoken English is required.
• Other European languages are an advantage, Italian and German would be preferred
• Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Confidence to handle confrontational situations with suppliers.
Working Location / Hours:
• Job is based in the Barcelona branch of Travel Services Europe
• Operational hours are Monday – Friday, 09.00 am – 6.00 pm.