Turijobs utiliza cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar la navegación. Si continua navegando, consideramos que acepta su uso. Puede cambiar la configuración de su navegador u obtener más información en nuestra página informativa sobre las cookies.
The Housekeeping Supervisor assists the Executive Housekeeper with all Housekeeping duties and staff, including rooms and public areas.
• Inform the Executive Housekeeper on any observations that might influence the department’s budget.
• Identify equipment needs, ensuring appropriate stocks are available for optimal operation, planning departmental investments and initiating purchase orders.
• Monitor inventory, purchasing, disbursement and cost control for all linen, uniforms, cleaning supplies, guest rooms, restrooms and public areas supplies, laundry supplies and housekeeping related machinery and equipment.
• Ensure real revenues and costs are in line with the recorded figures.
• Coordinate the team and ensure the smooth operation in order to achieve a high service quality at all times to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
• Supervise the daily activities of the housekeeping staff to ensure all areas are maintained in an optimal condition in order to meet the customer’s needs.
• Conduct department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Housekeeping performance.
• Conduct daily inspections of guest rooms and other public or back-of the house areas
• Monitor the responses from customer feedback channels, identifying problem areas and formulating solutions.
• Schedule employees in accordance with forecasted occupancy and adjust staffing to meet real occupancy conditions.
• Review staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met
• Ensure that all employees are aware of harmful chemicals used in the department and protect themselves accordingly.
• Work closely together with other departments to ensure optimal working conditions and maximisation of revenues while taking into account the cost factor.
• Actively search, develop and implement new ideas to improve and develop service standards and revenues as well as to reduce costs
• Promote a good team spirit and good relationship with all colleagues and other departments.
• Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, and adhere to the hotel and department grooming standards
• Attend meetings when required
• Attend training sessions as required by the Department Head or the Human Resources department
• Keep the highest level of confidentiality on staff, business and guest information
Person Specification – Qualifications & Training
• Degree related to hospitality or tourism
• 3 years minimum hospitality experience and 1 to 2 years minimum in similar position
• Fluent in Spanish and English. German is not essential, but a plus.
• Excellent oral and written language skills
• Experience with several hotel operation systems
• Skillful in task planning and able to prioritize as well as complaint handling
• Budgeting and cost control abilities
• Leadership skills
• Communication skills
• Proactive and result driven
• Flexible and adaptable
• Team player
• Attention to detail